The University of Arkansas offers students who are returning to the university following an absence of five or more years the opportunity to declare Academic Bankruptcy if they meet the following criteria:
- Must have been enrolled previously at the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, as an undergraduate student and be returning as an undergraduate student.
- Must not have been enrolled at the university during the previous five years.
- Students who have attended another institution since last attending the university must meet the requirements for transfer students (2.00 GPA on all course work attempted more than five years after last enrollment at the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville) to be eligible for readmission.
- Must submit an application for readmission and official transcripts of all college work attempted since last attendance at the University of Arkansas by the application deadlines and submit Academic Bankruptcy form.
The following are the conditions of Academic Bankruptcy:
- Students will forfeit all credit hours previously awarded by the University of Arkansas, Fayetteville. This includes course work completed at the university (regardless of grades earned), courses accepted in transfer, credit by examination, and any correspondence course work awarded.
- A new calculation of GPA and credit hours will begin when the student returns to the university.
- The transcript will reflect the student’s complete record (including all previous college work) with an added notation of “Academic Bankruptcy Declared.”
- Courses taken at another institution within five years of the last University of Arkansas enrollment will not be accepted for transfer. Coursework completed more than five years after last attending the University of Arkansas may be accepted in transfer, subject to university transfer credit policies. For purposes of this policy, University of Arkansas correspondence coursework will be treated in the same manner as transfer work.
- For the university to provide appropriate advising and (as required by Arkansas Act 1052) appropriate assessment, a student may be required to submit ACT, SAT, or ACT COMPASS test scores prior to registration for classes if, as a result of academic bankruptcy, that student is returning to the university as a freshman with fewer than 24 transfer hours.
If you have further questions regarding Academic Bankruptcy please feel free to contact the Office of the Registrar at 479-575-5451 or email@example.com.