The Office of the Registrar is here to support you through the graduation process. We encourage all students to acquaint themselves with our FAQ below. In general it is recommended that you apply for graduation for the term prior to the term in which you will actually complete your degree requirements. Your Dean’s office will be happy to assist you with any questions you have about the graduation process. When you apply to graduate you will be required to provide specific information related to your degree.
Graduates wishing to order duplicate diplomas may do so online, in person, or by mail for $25 per paper diploma or $5 per eDiploma. Majors and minors are not listed on diplomas or eDiplomas.
- Online: Visit https://www.credentialsops.com/CGI-BIN/gacgiord.pgm?ALUMDP001108 and follow the steps to submit your request and pay for your order by credit or debit card.
- In person or by mail: Submit the Duplicate Diploma Order Form. All information is necessary and payment in the form of cash, check, or money order must accompany the request.
The Office of the Registrar would like to extend to you our full support in reaching your goal. If you should have any questions or need any assistance, please contact us.
- Confirm with your dean's office that you will meet all of the requirements.
- Apply to graduate and participate in commencement.
- Pick up your regalia.
- Order your announcements and class ring.
- Review commencement event details
- Complete your free alumni registration.
- Complete your post-graduate placement survey.
Students eligible to apply must meet one of the following criteria before the option to apply appears in UAConnect under Degree Audit:
- Undergraduate student with 90 or more earned hours. Note: Walton College of Business undergraduates must contact the Undergraduate Programs Office at 575-4622, WCOB 328, prior to applying to graduate.
- Graduate student with one completed semester.
- Law student with 60 or more earned hours.
Learn more about applying to graduate.
Your diploma will be mailed to the address you provided when you applied for graduation unless there is a hold on your account. If your address has changed since you applied for graduation, please submit the Diploma Mailing Form to the Office of the Registrar to have your diploma mailing address updated. If you have a hold on your account when you graduate, you will need to notify the Office of the Registrar after the hold has been removed to have your diploma mailed.
Clearing students for graduation during any term is a very detailed process with the cooperation of the schools and colleges and the Office of the Registrar. After final clearances are determined they are printed by the Office of the Registrar, audited for accuracy and then mailed. Fall graduates should receive diplomas in late February, Spring graduates should receive it by late July and Summer graduates by late October.
Your diploma has your name, graduation date, the degree awarded to you (along with Latin honors, if appropriate), the university’s seal and official signatures. The diploma shows the full name of the degree awarded, such as Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration or Doctor of Philosophy. Majors and minors are not shown on the diploma but are listed on your official transcript.
Details regarding upcoming commencement ceremonies will be posted on the appropriate ceremony page, Spring or Fall as the details develop. For general information regarding the ceremony, please visit the Commencement page.
Participation in the Spring Commencement or a recognition ceremony does not mean you have graduated. Graduation occurs the term in which all degree requirements have been satisfied. If you finish your requirements over the summer, you will need to apply for the summer graduation date. Providing clearance is granted by your school or college, you may expect to receive your diploma in late October.
Contact your school or college to determine your outstanding requirements. You may then reapply for graduation during the term in which you plan to complete your remaining requirements. To reapply for graduation, submit Reapplication to Graduate form, with signature, by fax to 479-575-4651 or scan and email as an attachment from your UARK email account to email@example.com. You may also mail or deliver in person your completed form to:Office of the Registrar
141 Uptown East
1 University of Arkansas
Fayetteville, AR 72701.
You may defer the application to a later term at the Office of the Registrar, 141 Uptown East. You may also reapply for a later term by completing the Reapplication to Graduate form.
As part of the application process, you were asked to enter a diploma address. If this address becomes invalid, please submit the Diploma Mailing Address Update form to the Office of the Registrar. You may drop it off Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., or mail to the Office of the Registrar, 141 Uptown East, 1 University of Arkansas, Fayetteville AR 72701, or fax it to 479-575-4651. We will also accept a scanned and emailed Diploma Mailing Address Update form that has your hand written signature on it sent from your UARK email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As outlined in the catalog, the faculty of each college will recommend for graduation with honors or with high honors those students it considers to be eligible for such distinction under its own regulations with the following general restrictions:
- To be eligible for graduation honors, a student must have completed at least one half of his or her degree work at the University of Arkansas.
- No student shall be eligible for graduation honors whose cumulative grade point average is below 3.125.
- A college should not be expected to recommend more than 10 percent of its graduating class for graduation honors except under unusual circumstances.
- It is recommended that in determining graduation honors, the faculty consider the whole of a student's record but give greater weight to the last half of the record than the first half.
Graduate students are not eligible for honors.
You will be required to provide the term in which you intend to complete your degree. If you need to change that term you will need to do so before the graduation application deadline for that term. To change your graduation term please submit a completed Reapplication to Graduate form to our office. Please also note you may only apply late if you have been granted permission by your dean’s office.
To have your name inscribed on Senior Walk and included in the Commencement program you must submit your consent in writing. This consent should be completed on your graduation application.