Please review your ceremony instructions by reviewing the instructions on the Fall Commencement page. If you plan to graduate in the spring, please review your college's specific instructions on the Spring Commencement page.
- Confirm with your Dean's Office that you will meet all of the requirements.
- Apply to graduate and participate in commencement.
- Pick up your regalia.
- Order your announcements and class ring.
- Review Commencement event details.
- Join the Arkansas Alumni Association and use promo code RGAN to receive your recent graduate discount.
- Complete your post-graduate placement survey.
Graduate Salute Week
Students who have applied to graduate will be able to pick up regalia, preorder announcements, get a graduation photo taken and order their class rings at the Graduate Salute held at the Bookstore.
For further details please visit the University of Arkansas Bookstore.
There is no fee associated with picking up your regalia for the ceremony. To find out when regalia is available, please contact the University of Arkansas Bookstore.
Commencement Regalia Policy
- Candidates for degrees must wear robes appropriate to their degree without additional adornment.
- Graduate candidates for master's, educational specialist, law degrees or Ph.D. and Ed.D. degrees wear hoods around their necks and down their backs.
- Undergraduate degree candidates who will graduate with honors wear stoles. The cardinal stole is worn by graduates with honors; the white stole is worn by graduates achieving high honors; and the white stole with a cardinal and white cord is awarded to graduates with highest honors.
- College and National Society cords and medallions will be allowed. Stoles other than the aforementioned white or cardinal will not be allowed.
- Undergraduate degree candidates place tassels on the right side of the mortarboard until their degrees are conferred at the All University Commencement. The tassels are switched to the left side as a part of the ceremony and are worn on that side at college and school ceremonies and any time thereafter.
- Undergraduate students enrolled in Fulbright College with a grade point average of 3.8 or better graduate with distinction and wear a red and white tassel.
All other adornments and ornamentation including pins, flowers or brooches will not be allowed. Graduates will be asked to remove any adornments that have not been approved prior to entering the arena floor.
All adornments (including cords) must be approved by the University Commencement Committee at least 30 days prior to the graduation ceremony. Letters or emails requesting approval should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests should include the contact information for the relevant National Society and a description of the adornment.
While guests are welcome to take pictures from their seats, they will not be permitted on the floor once the ceremony begins. Professional photography services are provided by Grad Images, from whom you can view and order prints with your graduate login.
Announcements and Class Ring
Mark the milestone and leave a lasting impression in your heart with a personalized graduation gift from your Alma Mater. The University Bookstore has a wide variety of University of Arkansas commemorative gifts. To shop their selection please visit the University of Arkansas Bookstore.
Arkansas Alumni Association
Congratulations and welcome to your soon-to-be alumni status! Update your information with the association at www.arkansasalumni.org/Grads, so you never miss news and events from your alma mater no matter where you are! New graduates can also become proud members of the Arkansas Alumni Association at a discounted rate and strengthen their connection to the Arkansas Alumni Family through:
- 200+ Razorback events across the country.
- Alumni networking through chapters and societies.
- Leadership and volunteer opportunities.
- Thousands of local, online and nationwide discounts.
Each year the graduating class is challenged to "pay it forward" by contributing to the Class Gift. Your donation to the Class Gift Fund supports students working to get where you are now. To donate visit classgift.uark.edu.
Students Acquiring Knowledge through Enterprise specializes in University of Arkansas diploma framing and senior walk rubbings.
S.A.K.E. is a student-run, non-profit business operated through the University of Arkansas' Sam M. Walton College of Business. Although S.A.K.E. is managed by students seeking knowledge about the operation of an enterprise, it is foremost a business dedicated to customer service and providing quality products. We take great pride in ensuring that each product we deliver is exactly what our customers want. Further, every penny S.A.K.E. earns is re-invested to develop our business or our learning experience. Thus, our motivation and focus comes from the pride of managing a successful business and satisfying our customers.