Student Regalia Distributed Through the University Bookstore
Students receive one set of regalia per degree. Standard regalia is covered by the graduation application fee and includes the following items for each degree:
- 1 four point “mortarboard” cap
- 1 Bachelor level gown
- 1 Black tassel with yeardate
- 1 four point “mortarboard” cap
- 1 Masters level gown
- 1 degree specific tassel with yeardate
- 1 degree specific hood with U of A school colors
- 1x four point “mortarboard” cap
- 1x Doctorate level gown
- 1x degree specific tassel with yeardate
- 1x degree specific hood with U of A school colors
Regalia Ordered by Departments
Restricted to one set per student. Currently departments can order any reasonable amount in excess of their projected need.
- L33 double sided stole: Red and White
- Double honors cord: Red and White
All requests for regalia other than the items above are purchased by the department themselves. Examples of the requests for additional items include:
- Extra student regalia: caps, gowns, tassels, hoods
- Different colored stoles: all gold, all silver, all red, gold circle
- Specialty cords: triple braided cords, double braided cords, military cords
Commencement Regalia Policy
- Candidates for degrees must wear robes appropriate to their degree.
- Graduate candidates for master's, educational specialist, law degrees or doctoral degrees wear hoods around their necks and down their backs.
- Undergraduate degree candidates who will graduate with honors wear stoles. The cardinal stole is worn by graduates with honors; the white stole is worn by graduates achieving high honors; and the white stole with a cardinal and white cord is awarded to graduates with highest honors. Eligible students receive the honors stoles and cords from their college.
- Cords or stoles (except red and white colors) from college and national honor societies with a university affiliation, from registered student organizations, and those distributed by a college are allowed. Note: Red and white cords or stoles are reserved for university honors only.
- Undergraduate, non-honors students, enrolled in Fulbright College with a grade point average of 3.8 or better, and who have completed at least 50 percent of their degree credits at the University of Arkansas, graduate with distinction and wear a red and white tassel.
- Undergraduate degree candidates place tassels on the right side of the mortarboard until their degrees are conferred at the All University Commencement. The tassels are switched to the left side as a part of the ceremony and are worn on that side at college and school ceremonies and any time thereafter.
- Mortarboards may be decorated on the top only and must be non-distracting to the ceremony and other graduates.
- Graduates will be asked to remove any adornments that are offensive or that do not comply with this policy prior to entering the arena floor.
Questions regarding the regalia policy should be directed to the Office of the Registrar.
Regalia will be available for pick up at the University Bookstore during the week of Graduate Salute and during the week of the ceremony. Students not participating in commencement who still want to receive their regalia must pick it up during the term of their graduation. Visit the University Bookstore graduation website for detailed information on pick-up times and options.
Complete information regarding regalia is available for students, faculty and staff at the University Bookstore graduation website. If you have further questions, you may also contact the Graduation Department of the University Bookstore at 479-575-3378 or firstname.lastname@example.org.