The Office of the Registrar is here to support you through the graduation process. We encourage all students to acquaint themselves with our FAQ below. In general it is recommended that you apply for graduation for the term prior to the term in which you will actually complete your degree requirements. Your Dean’s office will be happy to assist you with any questions you have about the graduation process. When you apply to graduate you will be required to provide specific information related to your degree.

Graduates wishing to order duplicate diplomas may do so by submitting the Duplicate Diploma Order Form. All information is necessary and payment must accompany the request.

The Office of the Registrar would like to extend to you our full support in reaching your goal. If you should have any questions or need any assistance, please contact us.

Graduation Checklist

  1. Confirm with your Dean's Office that you will meet all of the requirements.
  2. Apply to graduate and participate in commencement.
  3. Pick up your regalia.
  4. Order your announcements and class ring.
  5. Review Commencement Event Details
  6. Complete your free alumni registration.
  7. Complete your post-graduate placement survey.

When will I see the option to apply to graduate in ISIS? 

Students eligible to apply must meet one of the following criteria before the option to apply appears in their Student Center under Other Academics:

  • Undergraduate student with 85 or more earned hours. Note:  Walton College of Business undergraduates must contact the Undergraduate Programs Office at 575-4622, WCOB 328, prior to applying to graduate.
  • Graduate student with one completed semester.
  • Law student with 60 or more earned hours. For complete details on applying to graduate click here.


  • How do I receive my diploma?

    Your diploma will not be mailed to any address in ISIS except for the Diploma Mailing Address. You can edit your Diploma Mailing Address from your Student Center in ISIS by selecting Addresses in your Personal Information Menu then selecting edit addresses. You will then need to select your diploma address to make any changes. Be sure to select apply to save your changes. If you no longer have access to ISIS to make changes to this address please submit the Diploma Mailing Form here. If there is no Diploma Mailing Address in ISIS your diploma will be held until such time that you can provide one in writing.

    When will I receive my diploma?

    Clearing students for graduation during any term is a very detailed process with the cooperation of the schools and colleges and the Office of the Registrar. After final clearances are determined they are printed by the Office of the Registrar, audited for accuracy and then mailed. Fall graduates should receive diplomas in early February, Spring graduates should receive it by late July and Summer graduates by mid-October.

    What’s on my diploma?

    Your diploma has your name, graduation date, the degree awarded to you (along with Latin honors, if appropriate), the university’s seal and official signatures. The diploma shows the full name of the degree awarded, such as Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration or Doctor of Philosophy. Majors and minors are not shown on the diploma but are listed on your official transcript.

    When will I find out information about Commencement?

    Details regarding upcoming commencement ceremonies will be posted on the appropriate ceremony page, Spring or Fall as the details develop. For general information regarding the ceremony, please visit the Commencement page.

    I have applied for Spring graduation but will need to take classes over the summer. When will I receive my diploma?

    Participation in the Spring Commencement or a recognition ceremony does not mean you have graduated. Graduation occurs the term in which all degree requirements have been satisfied. If you finish your requirements over the summer, you will need to apply for the Summer graduation date. Providing clearance is granted by your school or college, you may expect to receive your diploma in early October.


    If I am denied graduation for the term for which I applied, what should I do?

    Contact your school or college to determine your outstanding requirements. You may then reapply for graduation during the term in which you plan to complete your remaining requirements. To reapply for graduation, submit this completed form, with signature, by fax to (479) 575-4651 or scan and e-mail as an attachment from your UARK e-mail account to You may also mail or deliver in person your completed form to the Office of the Registrar, 146 Silas Hunt Hall, 1 University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, AR 72701.

    I am taking an independent study course that is necessary to satisfy my degree requirement. If I know that I will be unable to complete it during the term I applied for graduation, what should I do?

    You may defer the application to a later term at the Office of the Registrar, Hunt Hall 146. You may also reapply for a later term by completing the Reapplication to Graduate Form


    If I move before my diploma is mailed, how will I let you know?

    As part of the application process, you were asked to enter a diploma address by logging into your account in the student information system (ISIS). If this address becomes invalid and you are no longer able to access ISIS, please submit this form to the Office of the Registrar. You may drop it off Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., or mail to the Office of the Registrar, 146 Silas Hunt Hall, 1 University of Arkansas, Fayetteville AR 72701, or fax it to (479) 575-4651. We will also accept a scanned and emailed form that has your hand written signature on it sent from your UARK email address to

    How are University honors such as Cum laude, Magna cum laude and Summa cum laude determined?

    As outlined in the Catalog, the faculty of each college will recommend for graduation with honors or with high honors those students it considers to be eligible for such distinction under its own regulations with the following general restrictions:

    1. To be eligible for graduation honors, a student must have completed at least one half of his or her degree work at the University of Arkansas.
    2. No student shall be eligible for graduation honors whose cumulative grade point average is below 3.125.
    3. A college should not be expected to recommend more than 10 percent of its graduating class for graduation honors except under unusual circumstances.
    4. It is recommended that in determining graduation honors the faculty consider the whole of a student's record but give greater weight to the last half of the record than the first half.

    Graduate students are not eligible for honors.

    How do I reapply to graduate?

    You will be required to provide the term in which you intend to complete your degree. If you need to change that term you will need to do so before the graduation application deadline for that term. To change your graduation term please come by our office to change it on your application card or you can submit a completed Reapplication to Graduate Form to our office. Please also note you may only apply late if you have been granted permission by your Dean’s office.

    How do I make sure my name is on Senior Walk?

    have your name inscribed on Senior Walk and included in the Commencement Program you must submit your consent in writing. This consent should be completed on your Graduation Application Card. Should there be an occasion in which consent is not on record and is needed, a graduate may submit consent by completing and submitting the Graduation Participation Consent Form.